Thursday, September 08, 2005

Getting Started

First blog ever.
I was inspired by my brother to begin a blog. Who knows what will come of it.

Here is a brief comment I posted on my brother's blog (http://inyourhearing.blogspot.com). I think it is a good place to start.

More fuel for the fire:
"The government's disaster chief waited until hours after Hurricane Katrina had already struck the Gulf Coast before asking his boss to dispatch 1,000 Homeland Security workers to support rescuers in the region - and gave them two days to arrive, according to internal documents. Michael Brown, director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, sought the approval from Homeland Security Secretary Mike Chertoff roughly five hours after Katrina made landfall on Aug. 29."AP

A quick story of my own personal shock:
On Monday 8/29 I was listening to Morning edition on my way into work.

Morning Edition, August 29, 2005 ยท The great fear of many experts is that Hurricane Katrina may drive the waters of Lake Pontchartrain over levees and into the city, overwhelming an elaborate pumping system. The potential exists for the worst flood damage in U.S. history.

I was shocked 2 days later when I heard a recording of G. W. Bush saying "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees."
Unbelievable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home