Friday, September 30, 2005

Game Review

Well, it turns out that I have become something of a board game and card game buff. And so, I thought I would share and review my latest acquisition. The game is called Frog Juice and, like many of the games I enjoy, it is produced by Gamewright.

Frog Juice is a card game of witches, spells, black cats, and "all-purpose witch wash." The art on the cards is fantastic and in some cases appropriately reminiscent of a tarot deck. The gameplay is unique and fun but gets repetitive after a couple of games. The object is collecting ingredients and power cards with the goal of having the most points at the end of the game. There is a little strategy involved, but for the most part it is the luck of the draw. I suspect that with more people the game would be more interesting. Overall, Frog Juice is a fun game with great art that makes you think, a little.

For a game that is somewhat more challenging and great for groups of 3-5 players try Loot by gamewright.

1 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger jb said...

Looks like fun. So when are you going to invite us over for another game night?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home